Celebrate life


Saturday 19 May 2012

clarity

When we were on holiday in Cornwall I was so struck by the quality of light there. 
Everything was pin-sharp. It was really striking







Of course, it's always easier to see things more clearly on holiday, with so much sky and sea all around.

I always feel better about things, and myself, in Cornwall.

And I had a 'ping!' moment, which was as if a light had shone on a thought...

I often feel that the world is a mean, hard, brutal place, and that I should be defensive and prepared for whatever mean, hard thing is due to come my way. But when I blog, and more importantly, when I read other people's blogs, I see so clearly that the world isn't always tough and unyielding. And I gain so much from seeing the world through others' eyes.

It really does help to steer me towards a kinder way of thinking, towards the world, and towards myself.

And for that, I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

  1. yes - taking a break to rest and contemplate the wonders of creation can lead to those moments of real revelation.

    ReplyDelete