Celebrate life


Monday 23 April 2012

missing

So our computer gave up. It literally crashed, oldest child having dropped it (yeah, he feels bad).




Apart from piggybacking on a friend's computer in order to attend to necessary bill-paying things, I had no internet access for a few weeks. I would go to sit down to do a bit of online noodling, and then see the empty desk.


I went from petulance - I miss YouTube! - to extreme stoicism - for heaven's sake, Deborah, it's just a THING! You are spoilt, spoilt, SPOILT! - to sadness...


...because what I really, really missed was community, the online faith community - sharing, reading, laughing, reflecting, joining in.


Yes, of course I love my family and friends dearly, and I value face to face time. 


But you guys whose blogs I follow are valued too, equally but differently.
And I am so glad to be back amongst you. I still have lots more I want to share. Like this:

Cornwall Easter 2012


Easter 2012

Easter 2012























4 comments:

  1. Oh, that would be hard, to become unplugged like that from friends and community. ... I have come to deeply appreciate my online friends, too.

    Loving that last photo especially tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time when I've been unplugged, its been a total blessing in disguise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog and it's nice to find another British blogger :)

    Love the photos. I miss Cornwall and the sea!

    Rach @ www.vicarswifeintraining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back, sharing your individual beauty with all of us. (Love that photo of the sea crashing onto the rocky coastline. It's almost as good as seeing it with my own eyes :)

    ReplyDelete